Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Finals Revision Snack: Mozzarella and Prosciutto Sandwich


Whenever its exam period, you have so much to do but you never end up doing anything. Instead you start exploring new things around you or on the internet and spend 10 hours on it, that is how I discovered 9GAG, "new" tools in the kitchen that has not been used for centuries and worst of all, all those food channels on youtube like Laura Vitale, Sorted Food, LovelyLadyCakes and YoyoMax12. They not only made me keep clicking on all the related videos at 5am in the morning, but they actually made me addicted to cooking / baking (yes that's how it all started), I even begged my mum to get me an electrical mixer..yes I'm asian so we don't have these things lying around..  so yes, I had to beg for one. 

Now, 6 days till my first final exam, I am here sharing with you guys what I made for "Revision Snack', yes this is what I do when I "revise" at home, I go to the kitchen and make comforting food and end up blogging about it instead of opening my notes. Anyway, this is one of the recipe I saw from Laurainthekitchen and it made me drool - BADLY. So since I woke up at 1 and decided not to go to the library, I went to the kitchen instead and made this.  

Mozzarella and Prosciutto Sandwich
I've decided to make this delicious little baby cause I suddenly had a craving for mozzarella and I found something new (well i didn't noe it existed)  Tost & Grill Machine ..*super excited* To be honest I have NO IDEA why we have one of this at home, its not like any of our chinese food needs grilling or...wait no scratch that, what I meant was ITS NOT LIKE MY PARENTS COOKED ME ANY FOOD THESE PAST 20 YEARS! well, if frying a burnt egg counts..Fine! then, ONCE! 

Anyway, as I was saying I found a toast & grill thingy, so I've decided to give it a use so I settled to make Mozzarella and Prosciutto Sandwich<3<3

Its so "new" that the grills still have plastic wraps on them = = 
Took me 10 mins to change it....god, why u no have instructions?
 Ingredients, only 3! :)  And trust me, its not hard to find AT ALL, everything is available in my supermarket and I just got my helper to get them for me (too lazy to even get out of le door). They are just buffalo mozzarella, prosciutto and just any bread of ur choice :) since I am CRAZYYYYY over english muffins (mainly because of mcmuffins), I'm going for those round white little babies!


 First just prep ur bread, I dunno, do whatever you want with it, slice it in half, cut it into shapes or i dunno write your name or sth.


 Well so that the mozzarella will melt a bit and my muffin is crispy, tbh just SO I CAN USE MY GRILL :D I just put my muffins in it and wait for the light to change colour :) If you don'y have a grill just heat ur bread up on a pan! Works the same..
 Meanwhile, just chop up everything or just lay them out :) I had to stop myself from using the ENTIRE mozzarella! LOL super tempted!



 So when I am waiting for the muffins to be grilled....hahah i took out the zebra shortbread from sortedfood. Promised my friend to share in the library, but didn't end up going so I am just munching them while i cook :P
 So the last step is just to pile the baby up and drizzle olive oil and add some pepper and
MUNCH ON!




 Is it only me or food that has been bitten looks more drooling XDDD

Okay, really need to head back to revision! at last! HAHAHA but heres the actual recipes of the  Mozzarella and Prosciutto Sandwich and the zebra shortbread (i use chocolate ganache n Nutella instead of chocolate).

Laura in the Kitchen - Mozzarella and Prosciutto Sandwich
Sorted Food - Zebra Shortbread 


Nom Nom,

2 comments:

About