Friday, May 11, 2012

The end of my undergraduate journey..

Its 8 pm and although I am still in my University's library, my undergraduate study journey has come to an END  (sob). There are still exams and presentations to go but there are not more lessons, meaning no more walking into the lecture hall 45 mins late, then start playing oven break for the whole lesson and walk out that lecture hall 20 mins later and head to the cafeteria with 10 other people for lunch then back to hall and sleep.  Lol, that kinda sums up my year 1 university life. The uni I am in is famous for being super super stressful and competitive, I suffered from so many metal break downs and failures in year 2 & 3, but now that I've finally started to get used to it, I am already at the end of the road.

When I was in high school, our teachers kept telling us how FUN university life is, all the freedom, the party the guys and stuff like that, to be honest, I was super excited and can't wait to get my fat ass out of the school I was stuck in for 7 years and go see the world. But who knew I would windup in such a harsh and crazily nerdy university, with no parties, no cheerleading team, no fun and cool societies, just simply -- boring. I then spent all these 3 years in university looking back at my high school life, visiting teachers and looking at my old photos, trying to cling on all those good and sweet memories while I try to survive this living hell.

Finally, I am here, just have to finish all my exams then I can get out of here!!  Ironically, I am actually missing all this! I am gonna miss staying in the library until 11pm just so I can have midnight snacks with friends while walking along the seashore, running out to campus for class in my PJs, slippers and a pen and paper in my hands, cam whore & skype & watch dramas in lectures halls that are so dark that no one can concentrate. It is not as crazy and fun as my other friends who always travel around europe and party all nite, there are many many awesome tiny memories and experiences that me and my friends made in this campus. We don't have clubbing sessions or trip to paris, but we do have tiny pub nights and food parties :D We might not have the most exciting photos to post on facebook, but we had our moments!


One of my senior once shared on facebook once

"We spent 7 years of high school looking forward to university. And spent 3 years of university missing our high school life. Then for the rest of your life remembering these 3 years of youth"


Me and a few high school friends were saying "Ha, wtever, that is if you were in an awesome and cool uni, but us? We'll just enjoy the rest of our lives without this damn uni" FAIL! look at us now, in our last school day of university, running around the campus, taking photos with everyone, trying to grasp hold of this last moment as an undergrad student as well as friends and memories we made here.

No matter how bad your grades are or how sucky you think your university life is, it would be a lie to say that you do not miss it! It is that thing when you take something for granted and never really cherish it, then suddenly it's taken away from you, it is the time when you wish you spent more time enjoying rather than moaning.

It's already the end for me, but for those of you out there that are still in universities or  high school or even already in the society working hard, do NOT take anything for granted, be grateful for even the smallest thing and LIVE IN THE MOMENT, FULLY! So when one day, when you no longer have it, you will still miss it but won't regret anything!

Woah, so sentimental! hahahaha, last day of school's effect. Anyway, as I am still in the library, I should start revising! I have something super cool to show u next week!
friend took a photo of me n my camera while calling people to join us for photos :D

will talk to you soon,

1 comment:

About